Alumni Brown Bag Lunch / Media Training
Attention: Aspiring TV Reporters, Anchors, and On-Air Personalities
Media Training / Brown Bag Lunch with Michael Sorrentino ‘05
Wednesday, November 9 – 11:30 to 12:45 (during Common Hour)
Michael Sorrentino is a veteran broadcast producer, having worked for more than a decade in national TV news. Michael has worked on the front lines of major news stories from presidential elections to international humanitarian issues, and everything in between: including running live newscasts, training on-air reporters and developing video content. Eventually, Michael launched Fox’s acclaimed Reporter Training Program.
His unique skills sets have resulted in Sorrentino Media. Clients include Google/YouTube, where he coaches up-and-coming “Influencers” as well as Sinclair Broadcast Group, Circa News, and Charter Communications.
More info at SorrentinoMedia.com
Topics to be covered:
- Working in the field: Tips on how to pull together a great report in little time
- Operating as a MMJ: What you need to know when you are the Photographer, the Producer, and the Reporter
- On-air delivery: Tips and tricks on vocal delivery, projection, pacing, and posture
- Digital vs. Television: Delivery for digital platforms is incredibly different than TV – what you need to know
SEATING IS LIMITED!
APPLICATION DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 26
To apply, go to https://hofstra.joinhandshake.com/jobs/507950 and submit:
- Brief statement of interest that describes your career goals and what you would like to get out of a media training seminar (no more than 250 words)
- Resume – this should include involvement with student media activities at Hofstra, internships, and other experience
- Link(s) to samples of your on-camera work (professional website, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
Selected students will be notified by Tuesday, November 1.