Employment – Creative Film House Runner
Whitehouse Post – Runner
Runners are the foot soldiers of the Whitehouse team, supporting staff and clients by performing small but important tasks in the office, from running deliveries to keeping the main area and client suites tidy and presentable. Although they are expected to perform a multitude of tasks, the Runner role provides the opportunity to learn about every aspect of the industry, make valuable contacts, and work alongside and support some very talented individuals! Runners have many opportunities to observe and learn how to use state-of-the art equipment, software and Avid Editing systems to better their skills and knowledge on the path towards becoming an Assistant Editor.
Whitehouse Post believes in fostering editorial storytelling in a creative and supportive environment. Central to this philosophy is an emphasis on molding the best young talent into excellent film editors who recognize the collaborative power of visuals, music, and sound. The Runner position is an entry-level position, for those working to become a Film Editor. Runners are usually in this position for a year to a year and a half, learning the ins and outs of the industry and building client relationship management skills. While in the Runner position, you will assist the receptionist with Vault
Management duties. This entails cataloging and shipping all elements (drives containing footage, etc.) for in-house jobs. The Runner position is the springboard towards becoming an Assistant Editor.
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in film, fine arts, or communications)
• Positive attitude and strong interest in a Post Production career
• Interest in working in a client-facing industry
• Ability to work long hours and weekends
• Enjoys working in a social, fast-paced environment
• Ability to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines
• Strong work ethic and driven to succeed
• Appreciation for aesthetics and presentation
• Experience working in an office setting (answering phones, email, general professionalism)
• Skilled in After Effects, Photoshop and Premiere
How to Apply? Email resume & cover letter to Barbara@whitehousepost.com