The Newsroom at SportsNet New York is looking for qualified interns for their 2017 Spring Internship program. The Newsroom at SportsNet New York is responsible for the day-to-day planning and production of SNY’s on-air schedule. Additionally, the department produces “Daily News Live,” “Loud Mouths,” “Geico SportsNite,” and Mets, Jets, and UConn programming.
Interns will assist with the following:
• Screening/logging of games, press conferences, interviews and taped programs to prepare for editing
• Researching for graphic boards, creating on-air graphics, and assisting the ticker operators
• Assisting Associate Producers in the edit rooms
• Working on the production of “Daily News Live,” “Loud Mouths,” “Geico SportsNite” and Mets programming
• Preparing, copying and distributing programming information and scripts
• Doing detail work to procure footage from external sources
• Working the Assignment Desk and answering the newsroom hotline
• Any other tasks needed to support the network’s day-to-day operations
Candidates should be concentrating in communications, with an education and/or training in broadcasting. They should also have a strong interest in televised sports and production. Proficiency in computers and typing is a must. They should also be familiar with the programs currently presented on SportsNet New York.
Please forward all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.