IRTS Summer Fellowship
APPLICATION DEADLINE: DECEMBER 1
Applicants who apply by October 1 will alerted by October 15 if they will advance to the second round.
The nine-week expense-paid opportunity begins with a comprehensive one-week orientation to cable, broadcasting, advertising, and digital media.
The selected fellows receive:
– Round trip travel to and from NYC. (air, train, or driving mileage reimbursement)
– Housing at a downtown Manhattan university dormitory in a shared suite setting.
– A living allowance to defray cost of food and personal expenses.
– A full-time internship at a top New York media company that aligns with a student’s interests and career goals.
– Weekly events including panel discussions, company visits and speakers.
– The IRTS Foundation also provides extensive career counseling and networking opportunities to ensure that each student makes the most of the New York experience.
This opportunity is open to graduate and undergraduate stuents.
The Program is the cornerstone program of the IRTS Foundation. Often referred to as a “media boot camp,” this highly selective program teaches a talented group of up-and-coming communicators the realities of the… more »
The applicant must be a junior, senior, or graduate student who will not graduate prior to April 2017, in order to be considered. Students selected for this highly competitive program are required to be enrolled full-time at a college or university. Accomplished students from all majors (including math, computer science, business, marketing, communications, etc.) are encouraged to apply. Students who are selected have a strong academic record, provide a detailed and proofread application, and display a strong interest in learning about the media industry even if their major is in a seemingly unrelated field.