On Camus Recruiting: Veeco Instruments
Veeco Instruments, Plainview
Interviewing selected candidates in The Career Center on Thursday, April 3.
Please search “OCR” in PrideCMS for this and other on-campus recruitment positions.
Position Title: Communications Intern
Job Title: Marketing Communications
Salary: $15 per hour
Department: Marketing Communications
Prepared Date: 11/20/13
Reports to: Sr. Marketing Communications Specialist
This part time position (20 hours/week) is responsible for assisting the communications department, including investor and marketing communications, in the Veeco corporate office. The candidate will be exposed in the day-to-day workings of the communications department, focused on including but not limited to maintaining the investor relations database, distribution of news, assisting in PR writing, arranging company’s appearance at investor events, assisting with PPT and other presentations, providing briefings to management, maintenance of the external website and databases. The individual will also support the marketing communications staff on select writing, event and web projects as directed.
Investor Relations Responsibilities
• Research and compose internal bi-weekly IR newsletter
• Prepare competitor/peer news and preparing summary reports
• Compose IR briefing documents and maintain key contact lists
• Maintain IR pages of external website
• Compose quarterly earnings fact sheets
• Assist with press release research and post-distribution reporting
Marketing Communications Responsibilities
• Proofread external e-newsletters
• Support execution of tradeshows, conferences and events
• Update the company’s external website
• Organize company website metrics in monthly reports
• Distribute product inquiries and web leads
• Maintain company CRM database – lead entry and distribution list exports
• Contribute to metric dashboards for various communication activities
• Distribute product brochures and white papers
• Format and Distribute monthly corporate presentation to worldwide offices
• Handle requests for Veeco branded merchandise
Internal Communications Responsibilities
• Compose articles for company intranet
• Maintain documents of marcom and IR sections of company intranet
• Assist with the worldwide sales meeting
• Candidate is pursuing a degree in Communications, Marketing or related field.
• Candidate is a local resident who will be able to work during the school year. This is NOT a summer position.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Excel, Word). Adobe Photoshop and/or InDesign a plus.
• Ability to work in a team environment essential.